Thursday, November 10, 2011
Well it's not even Thanksgiving yet & we are already doing Christmas activities at our church. I'm not much on doing Christmas activities before Thanksgiving but I will make an exception for this one. Every year we participate in Operation Christmas Child. The boxes have to be packed in early November so they can then be sent to a distribution center. From there they are sent to third world countries. We put the items out on tables then the youth goes along and pick up one of each item and puts it in a shoebox. We pack items like soap, washcloths, toothbrush & toothpaste, combs, hair accessories, school supplies, toys, and what ever else we can get into the boxes. The children always look forward to participating in this activity at church. We have been doing this for approximately 8 years now. Could you imagine being a child and not receiving anything for Christmas. If you would like to participate in this you can Google Operation Christmas Child. Hopeful by participating in this you will show a child God's love and lead them to the Lord.
- What are your hobbies? Geocaching
- What are your favorite colors? Red
- Do you collect anything? I don't really collect anything but I love picture frames
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No
- Do you have any pets? Yes
- Coffee, Tea, or Chocolate? Sweet Tea or Hot Chocolate
- What do you like to read? Christian/romance novels
- Do you prefer Cookies or Candies as a sweet? I love them both. But i don't like dark chocolate
- What is your favorite holiday treat?
- Describe your favorite holiday tradition? All the family gathering at my house for Christmas Dinner
- Did you believe in Santa as a child? YES!!
- When do you open presents? Christmas Morning
- Do you put up a tree and when? If not, how do you celebrate? Yes we put up our tree thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after
- Does your tree have a theme? No. I try to hang alot of my children's handmade ornaments on it.
- What has been your favorite gift to give? I love to give small gifts (warm socks, homemade items) to receive? anything - i love gifts and especially surprises.